I always think I will never be hungry again after Thanksgiving Day, but needless to say, I wake up the next day and people are actually asking me what’s for breakfast (including my stomach).
Let’s get smart and put together using Thanksgiving leftovers for a Thanksgiving breakfast your framily (friends and family) will love. Make it the night before and pop it in the oven the next morning.
You have to put those leftovers somewhere might as well be in a breakfast casserole. So, let’s turn thanksgiving leftovers into breakfast and make the morning after Thanksgiving even more thankful.
Leftover Turkey Breakfast Casserole
leftover mashed potatoes
leftover turkey meat
use whatever leftover veggies you have
3 cups shredded cheese (reserve one for the top)
1 cup Milk
Salt & pepper to taste- Remember you have already seasoned the food, so this may not be needed.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray pan with cooking spray
3. Spread a layer of mashed potatoes on the bottom of the oven-safe dish. 4. Next place a layer of stuffing, followed by a layer of turkey meat and veggies 5. Repeat these layers until all ingredients are used up.
6. Whisk together cheese, eggs, and milk in a small bowl. Pour over layers.
7. Sprinkle the one cup of cheese on top. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole golden brown and crispy. Check to make sure the eggs are fully cooked, and Serve hot!Note: If this has been in the refrigerator all night, it may take longer.