It’s Turkey Week! Happy Thanksgiving! Let’s learn together how to make homemade gravy! No jar gravy for us. Check out our gravy recipe together and check out the FAQs– I know I had a few when learning this fun recipe!
Check out some of our the latest articles:
The Basics: What You Need to Make Gravy
When it comes to gravy, there are a few things you need to know. First, you need fat. This can be in the form of butter, bacon grease, or even chicken fat. You also need flour, which will help thicken the gravy. And finally, you need stock. This can be either chicken, beef, or vegetable stock. With these three ingredients, you can make just about any type of gravy imaginable.
Tips for Making Perfect Gravy
When it comes to holiday cooking, few things are as essential as gravy. Whether you’re spooning it over roasted turkey or mashed potatoes, this rich and flavorful sauce can make or break your meal. If you’ve never made gravy from scratch before, the process may seem daunting. But with our tips, you’ll be a pro in no time!
Here are some tips for making perfect gravy:
1. Start with a good base. Gravy is all about flavor, so start with a good base like beef or chicken stock. For extra flavor, you can also add some aromatics like onions, carrots, and celery to your stock.
2. Thicken the gravy with a roux. A roux is a mixture of flour and fat that’s used to thicken sauces and gravies.
How to Make a Roux for Gravy?
In order to make a roux for gravy, you will need some flour and oil. Begin by heating the oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the flour and stir until it is combined. Continue stirring until the mixture becomes golden brown. Once it reaches this color, you can remove it from the heat and add your desired liquid. Whisk until smooth and then let it simmer until thickened.
How to Make Gravy from Scratch. AWESOME easy recipe!
If you’re looking for a delicious gravy recipe to make from scratch, look no further! This simple gravy recipe is sure to please. Best of all, it’s easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
This is how to make this gravy from scratch:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup fat (butter, margarine, or bacon grease, pan drippings from your turkey
2 cups water or stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the flour and fat until well blended.
2. Pour the mixture into a saucepan over medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add the water or stock and continue cooking until the mixture thickens and boils.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: The gravy thickens as it sits.
Make this recipe! You will love it. Let the turkey and mashed potatoes swim in this homemade gravy from scratch. Your taste buds will thank you. Enjoy!